Cricut scrapping out of the box


So I just completed one of the August challenges over at SkrapNChat! I know I am a keener this month. I am trying to make up for my lack of creativity in the month of July! :) Anyway, the challenge was to scrap using white space. I like this design element although it is definitely not my "go to" and so therefore I typically admire it from a distance rather than actually use it!

So here is the LO that I created. The fun thing that I used to still keep the page open with white space was to use a stencil. I know what you're thinking, I picked up an expensive stencil and some glimmer mist at the scrapbook store that I am only going to use a few times and it may not be worth the money. If that is your conclusion I am happy to report that you would be wrong.....I used my cricut to cut a large star out and then held it down while I spritzed the shape with my spritzer tool I bought from Stampin' up and my markers. It turned out awesome and the benefit of the cricut shape is that I can cut out just about anything to use as a stencil!! WHOOO HOOOO! Also the spritzer tool from Stampin' Up! can be used with any of the markers so you really have unlimited color choices which is awesome and reasonably priced. Marker= $5 Glimmer mist= $10 Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up my glimmer mists anytime soon but at this point they are cost prohibitive to own in all the colors I would like so I am happy to be using my markers to fill in the color gaps!

3 comments:

JennC said...
August 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Ooo how do you spritz with your markers? Do tell!!

LOve the stenciling!!

Auntie Em said...
September 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I just ordered a spritzer from Cassey (WillowTKC) the other day! Now I am really anxious to get my order after knowing that was how you did your awesome LO!!! :o)

Google Friends

Back to Home Back to Top Beauty~from~Ashes. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.